Wednesday 29 April 2009

A little of what you fancy....

I'm sitting here typing this and eating my favourite thing - cheese! I really am a cheese addict, those who know me well, know that this is my downfall. I cannot resist the stuff, and the smellier the better! Of course cheese has it's good and bad points. It's rich in calcium, and a small piece mid morning is the kind of protein packed snack that will keep you going till lunch time. On the other hand, it's high in fat, and not the good sort. So like everything, it's good to eat it in moderation. Something I do try.... Actually cheese is great for making magical requests. Take a knife and carve a symbol in a hunk of cheese (note I say hunk, no tiny measures for me!). Make the symbol relate to your desire, and bring the image into your mind. Imagine that you already have your request, and try and conjure up the feelings of happiness that this brings. Now eat the cheese. It's as simple as that!

Talking of moderation, I was talking to a lovely lady last night Rosie, who practics Egyptian Reiki. Sounds fascinating doesn't it? She was talking about tapping in to the Goddess Maat, and I have to agree that she's the perfect deity for helping us when it comes to balance and moderation. Maat represents peace and harmony, her symbols are the scales and the feather, and it was her job to weigh the souls after death. Sounds a bit morbid, but Maat was known for her fairness in these situations. Rosie also creates guided meditations and they sound truly inspirational. I'm hoping to listen to one of her CDs, so watch this space! She will be appearing at the Soulshine event in Nottingham on June 6th, and I think she's going to be giving a talk on Egyptian Reiki, so anyone interested should definitely go along and experience her work first hand. Tickets are now available at a bargain cost of £3, and can be purchased by email soulshineproductions@hotmail.co.uk or by calling 0115 9831340. Go on, you know you want to!!
And of course if you do, please come and say hello to me. I'll be there on the day, giving consultations and also a talk on the magical power of stories.

Have an enchanting week.
Magic Ally
x

No comments: